Can anyone move to the Cook Islands
A question most asked is “Can Anyone Move To The Cook Islands” ? The answer is YES, they can !
Can anyone buy a Business and then move to the Cook Islands?
YES THEY CAN !: There are no restrictions on who can make an application to purchase a business, however, there is an application (and approval) process and I can show you how and what needs to be done.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO BUY AN INVESTMENT PROPERTY
Being a Non Cook Islander (I am originally from Sydney-Australia) I have found myself in the position of being asked by many Non cook Islanders that have been on vacation here.
“ How can a Non Cook Islander buy an investment property or get involved in a business on Rarotonga or Aitutaki” . Because I have done this myself, I am in a unique position to give them FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE and can call on my experience on how to make this a reality for them.
PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE
I have simplified the process as having patience and perseverance, but knowing how to navigate the local landscape is a deciding factor in obtaining approval in a timely manner and by doing this in the right order and knowing the right government departments that need to be involved. I have helped make this process a reality for a huge number of those Non Cook Islanders wanting to make this island nation their home; and I can walk you thru the process as well. This is done at no cost to you, so feel free to drop me a comment or ask a question in the comments box below
Patience and Perseverance has seen many seemingly abstract ideas become successfully established here in the Cook Islands.If you believe it can be, then you are half way here already…. I look forward to exploring all avenues and concepts with you…
FIVE MAIN WAYS TO SEEK APPROVAL
There are 5 ways in which you can apply to seek approval for starting, buying or getting involved in a business here on Rarotonga and the Cook Islands. The process that you will be following is to seek approval for foreign Investment within the Cook Islands.
It may seem a little complicated, but rest assured our affiliate company Cook Islands Real Estate are the market leaders, and remain successful in getting approval for their clients, this is simply a day to day activity for them.
FIVE WAYS TO SEEK FOREIGN INVESTMENT APPROVAL
- To simply purchase an existing business that Cook Islands Real Estate has listed for sale – this is a simple and straight forward approach and you then own that business 100% and can come and live here on a permanent basis
- Establish a new business in a J.V arrangement (Joint Venture). This is something that the government looks upon very favourably.
- You may also establish a NEW BUSINESS. If you have identified an area, particularly within the tourism sector (however – but it can be any business sector) and where there is presently no local Cook Islander that is operating or carrying on business in that industry, again, this is something that the Cook Islands government embraces favourably.
- You may also seek to establish a NEW BUSINESS if you have the ability to invest a minimum of NZD $1 million on Rarotonga, or NZD$500K in the outer islands.
- Lastly if you have a business idea that is looked upon as a Niche Market or a Niche product, then this can also be explored .
Lastly I would like to add, please feel free to explore and present all possibilities as I know your Cook
Islands Real Estate team will have all of these possibilities presented on your behalf.
For more on this please see our POST ‘Moving to the Cook Islands ‘ CLICK HERE