Why choose to live here
For those who would like to start or own a business in the Cook Islands, you will need to register with the Business Trade Investment Board for Foreign Enterprise registration. The B.T.I.B. grants the necessary approval (to Non-Cook Islanders) to carry on business in the Cook Islands.
Feel free to click the following link to go across to our affiliate site Cook Islands Real Estate ; your local Cook Islands Real Estate agent has the know-how and the contacts to get you started.
REASONS TO INVEST IN THE COOK ISLANDS
- The Cook Islands has a Government which welcomes and encourages local and foreign investment
- Attractive life-style in a relaxed and safe environment
- Developed infrastructure for business, quality housing for expatriate staff and good health and education services
- No Foreign Exchange Controls
- Freedom to repatriate capital and profits
- No Wealth Tax
- No Gift Tax
- No Property Tax
- No Capital Gains Tax
- No Death Duty Tax
- Income Tax (company) 20% for residents, 28% for non residents
- Value added Tax – 15% (V.A.T. also known in some other countries as G.S.T)
- Sophisticated telecommunication links with the rest of the world and regular air services to New Zealand, Australia and the USA.